- Who are you?
My name is Walaa, I am a Libyan fashion student and stylist based in London.
- What does community mean to you?
Community to me means being surrounded by an environment of supportive people who are creative and like minded
- How long have you been working in fashion, and if not what was your passion before your career?
I have always been interested in fashion but I began my studies in fashion in September and since moving to London, I’ve had the chance to work on a few styling projects which has been really exciting.
- What's your go-to piece of clothing, and what makes it such a staple to you?
I love switching up my clothes all the time depending on my mood. My staple is my jewellery which is sentimental and makes me feel like each look is complete.
- What's the best and worst piece of advice you've received?
The best advice I’ve received is to do what’s right and not what’s easy and in the same way, the worst advice I’ve ever received is do what everyone else is doing because it’s ‘easy’ or to follow tradition even if it’s not what I believe in.
- Who are you listening to at the moment?
Lil Keed and Chief Keef
- We are driven by creativity, defined by action, and brought to life through community. What pillars inspire you which the community can benefit from?
I think the most important thing is to do what makes you happy and not go for what’s easy.
Thank you!! x